This error can occur under two different scenarios. Follow the steps accordingly depending on the scenario. It is related to the file required to capture 2-D panoramic x-rays.
If the PC is just for viewing and NOT acquiring go to the Viewing PC section.
If it is an acquisition PC then go to the Acquisition PC section.
- Open Romexis and click ok on the didapi error.
- Click on the admin button in lower left (It might take a minute to be clickable)
- Select the local settings tab.
- Uncheck the box next to “image capture (DIDAPI) Enabled (applied after restart)”
- Click save, then ok and exit Romexis.
- Open Romexis without the didapi error.
- This will require a re-installation of Romexis.
- Locate the installation discs for the same version of Romexis they are running. If you cannot find the software, Planmeca support (630-529-2300) can assist.
- Run the installation and select modify.
- Under Select Features, leave what is checked, and check the box next to “DIDAPI and device drivers”
- Click next until it is finished installing.
- Reboot and try opening Romexis again and capturing an image.