We were working with a client to disable TCP timestamps (RFC1323) on pfSense to pass their PCI compliance scans. Referencing this thread ( Pfsense disable tcp timestamps RFC1323 ), it should be in system tunables but it was not present.
- To make this happen, go in through ssh and use sysctl to change it, it’s not listed in the gui.
- Command is sysctl net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0
- you can also use sysctl -a to list all system tunables that don’t show in the gui.
- sysctl -a | grep [keyword] will let you filter down results as well, so you don’t have to dig through the list.
- That’s how I was able to find this; sysctil -a | grep 1323